I wrote today’s blog while I was waiting for Little Guy to finish his first karate lesson (obviously typing it later)…I feel like I’ve been running at least 5 minutes behind all day! Even in the little things, like sitting at the light waiting to turn left. There’s finally a break in traffic and I could go, except for the one pedestrian in a 5 mile radius, who is crossing the road and ends up at the exact spot that I want to be. It’s been a busy day, but I did get a lot accomplished.

I’ve been (at least) 5 minutes behind since we got out of bed this morning. It was 8:28 when we pulled out of the driveway – the school bell rings at 8:30. We made it in time, but it was too close for comfort! I now had a choice – grocery store to buy fruit for my class or home to shower. I’m sure my students are glad I chose the shower. I taught a stamping technique class (I’m a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator) to 5 fabulous ladies…and we made a fabulous mess too!

Out for lunch with a friend (because I’m 3 days behind in my grocery shopping) I had a crépe stuffed with cream cheese, raspberries and honey. That’s low-calorie, right?

Then I dashed off to the grocery store (and the bank machine in the store) at 2:00 – that meant I had half an hour to do both jobs that would normally take…longer. I headed straight to the ATM, deposited cheques and paid a bill. But I forgot to get a cart on the way, so I had to walk all the way around…to get outside…to get a cart! There’s no “chicken lane” in the grocery store! I made it through the store and into my car by 2:33 (I usually leave the house at 2:30 to get to the school early so I can get a legal parking spot). I headed home, unpacked the perishable grocery items, and emptied my oven (I pulled my Mom’s favourite trick when people are coming over…store things in the oven. I don’t usually do this but always check the oven before I turn it on because I’ve had more than one fire in my mother’s oven. I was smart enough to recognize my frazzled state earlier in the day, and had left a sticky note over the oven dial. Big gold star for me!) I put the roast in the now empty oven, raced to the school, scribbled 4 recipes down from Little Guy’s library book, went to the library to return said book …and home again to sew Little Guy’s crest on his karate uniform, rescue the roast and assist with homework, before heading out to karate!

We had to have a TV dinner…my dining room table is still covered with paper scraps, sponges, glue, and tea cups. Oops! I was supposed to go to a jewellery party tonight, but I just can’t muster the energy. There’s still a stack of dishes…and the rest of the groceries to put away…it is Little Guy’s bedtime and the day is nearly over. I still need just 5 minutes to get caught up!