It’s the final Friday of Summer…
I planned to put together a Summer Bucket List at the beginning of July, but it never went from a mental list to a written list. Until now… Even if I didn’t get to everything on my list, I am choosing to believe there is still time…next month or next year… Who knows? The possibilities are endless!
In no particular order, bolded ones completed:
- Pick strawberries with Little Guy.
- Ride with the car windows down and the music blasting.
- Go on a tree walk.
- Watch the rain.
- Sing along with “Good Morning Vietnam” soundtrack.
- Play games. (Lose and get thrown in the pool)
- Walk by the river.
- Do goofy things.
- Tiger tail ice cream.
- Play mini golf.
- Go to a movie – not an afternoon matinee.
- Romantic dinner with Hubby.
- Ride a roller coaster.
- Watch the Fireworks.
- Climb a tree.
16.Watch the sun set.
17. Shopping with Mom.
18.Photograph a farmer in the field.
19. Read a book by the pool.
21.Go to the library.
22. Stop and smell the flowers.
23. Hang Little Guy’s artwork.
24. Capture a rainbow.
24. Eat a Beaver tail!
25. Buy a bikini. (wear it in public…)
26. Game of Thrones Season 5 marathon with family.
27. Eat on a patio.
28. Buy a new bra.
29. Eat a treat from the local bakery.
30. Go on a hike…explore!
31. Travel someplace new.
32. Enjoy a slushie a hot day!
38. DQ Blizzard on the final long weekend. (I can check this off in a couple of hours!)
39.Spend as much time with family as possible!
Hug them. Kiss them. Laugh often. Love much.
“Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That’s why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.”
―Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe