No one has noticed (or at least mentioned) that I’m not posting every day. There are a few reasons for that:
1) After posting nearly every week day for a year and a half, I have decided that I’d rather take some time to work on producing interesting “quality” posts, rather than focusing on quantity. (I know…quality? Feel free to laugh – it’s good for you!)
2) It seems I haven’t had a lot of time lately to focus on my mid-life crisis. I’m busy doing lots of stuff, but not all of it is as entertaining as I’d like it to be! This week is Vacation Bible School at our church. I am the Jr. Craft Leader…and an actor in a skit. This could be entertaining!
3) School ended on June 27 at 11:30 a.m. I know this because I was standing in the school parking lot, having snagged the last parking space, waiting for Little Guy to get out. At 11:30, the bell rang and every child on the premises started yelling. Quite possibly, the teachers joined in. I had the car packed and Little Guy and I headed to my parents’ place right away and spent a week there, mostly just hanging out!
4) I’m in serious trouble now. While I was away, I registered for Mud Hero. I talked Big Guy and his friend into registering as well. I nicknamed them “Dumb & Dumber” years ago…this isn’t their only action which confirms the appropriateness of this nickname, but they can now add that I’m the “dumbest one of all”! I’ve been trying to do a little exercise every day (sorry – the “E” word isn’t my favourite either), including weights, push-ups, sit-ups, and running. I convinced Little Guy to join me in a couple of runs and he liked it, which may help motivate me to keep it up. We’ll see… I did go for a run this past Saturday with Big Guy and Little Guy…Big Guy runs the fastest but I can do more sit-ups…He wins!
5) And finally, I had to buy a new computer because my little red notebook was starting to do bizarre things. It’s taking awhile to adjust to a large keyboard, a different set-up, etc. It has Windows 8. I don’t like it!
There’s the mini update of “life” at the moment. If I miss posting for a few days, it isn’t because I’ve forgotten or I’m holding out on you. I’m out enjoying the summer sun (or not…we’re having a lot of rain!)